EXERCISES: (MIXED) TENSES
FINISHED? Go to google and type in "exercises (NAME OF TENSE)"
for example: "exercise simple past"
Exercises: since and for (plus Present Perfect)
P R O J E C T: ATLANTA
Tasks in your group:
- Find out the name of your picture / photo.
- Find out five important facts about your picture / photo.
- Prepare a short presentation.
- Maximum of three new vocabulary.
- Check pronunciation.
- Use notes to speak freely.
- Use an interesting introduction and an conclusion.
- Present your results. Use your picture / photo.
- Facts and vocabulary on board or transparency
(class needs to copy).
- Please do not forget to list your sources.
Please check each step with your teacher before you continue.
Helpful Internet link (copy and paste):
Please copy the factsheet into your exercise book and try to find out all the missing information.
Use www.leo.org for vocabulary questions and list your sources.
F A C T S H E E T: ATLANTA
(United States of America)
State and capital:
My favourite photo of Atlanta (+ source) and the reason why:
LIST OF MY SOURCES:
15th - 18th CENTURY USA
Tasks (on extra sheets of paper):
1. Choose ONE exercise and write it on top of your sheet
2. Write a draft first (collect ideas, look up vocabulary, …)
3. Write about one page (count your words at the end)
4. Help? Use a dictionary and/ or our TB
5. Check your text step by step (SP, T, WO, Gr, …)
You are Columbus. Tell us about your landing on the east coast of America and your first meeting(s) with the Native Americans.
16th and 17th century
You are one of the first pioneers who landed on the east coast of America. How do you survive?
You are George Washington. You won independence from Britain. Tell us about your day on 04th July 1776.
More exercises? Go to google and type in "passive exercises"
Exercises: English sentence structure
(copy and paste the links)
(click on: word order in ... sentences)