Direct and indirect speech: Lösungen
1. Peter: "I wrote a letter yesterday."
Peter told me (that) he had written a letter the day before.
2. Mike: "My father flew to Sydney last year."
Mike said (that) his father had flown to Sydney the year before.
John said (that) he swam a lot.
4. Anne: "She has just gone to the bank."
Anne told me (that) she had just gone to the bank.
5. Michael: "I played football yesterday."
Michael said (that) he had played football the day before.
6. Peter: "I do not want to visit a museum when I go to Berlin."
Peter told me (that) he did not want to visit a museum when he went to Berlin.
7. Mary asks: "Do you know the answer?"
Mary wondered if / whether I knew the answer.
8. Teacher to Lisa: "Please come to me."
The teacher told Lisa to come to him / her.
9. Sandra asked John: "Have you seen my English textbook?"
Sandra asked John if / whether he had seen her English textbook.
10. Peter: "I get up at 7 o'clock."
Peter told me (that) he got up at 7 o'clock.